Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday Night

I think one of the nicest things about Fridays (now that I'm married and boring) is staying in.

I don't miss Friday night dates AT ALL. Really, after a long week I don't want to get dressed up and go out, not on Friday anyway. I want to veg on the couch, cuddle with the husband, play with the cats.

Honestly, I don't know how people do it. I can't imagine having enough energy right now to go dancing. Did I ever have energy on a Friday night? I suppose I must have; Sunday's have never been for sleeping in around my house. But then I've never been much of a partier, and my brain stops functioning at a certain hour, usually around 11.

So I'm sitting here on the couch waiting for a pizza to arrive (half sausage and mushroom, half pepperoni and olive) looking through the online Netflix options, and debating whether or not I'll allow myself a beer.

Who in the world would ever have thought that *this* feels like a perfect night.

No comments: