Tuesday, December 4, 2012

house guests

Because I don't already have enough on my plate, I welcomed two house guests from Cameroon yesterday. No, I'm not stressed at all about packing up for our first international flight, then moving to New Mexico for a couple of months about two weeks after we get back. not at all right...

Actually I'm kind of hoping that our house guests will be so nice that I will want them to stay while we are away. It would give them time to look for a nice place to live, and help me out too.  But first I want to make sure they don't destroy the house. Did I mention one of the guests is a 7 year old boy?

One of the members of our church came to the US 6 years ago and has been waiting for a visa to come through for his wife and child since then. It finally did, but with a caveat that they had to leave the country in 5 days. The man is currently an in home care provider, so he had no place for his family to land, and I have an empty room upstairs.

I'm really hopeful that it works out, but with twin infants in the mix, I'm also a little worried. Guess we will have to wait and see...

No comments: