Monday, September 23, 2013

Fall

For the first time in a long time, I'm looking forward to cooler weather. Not cold mind you. I'm still not ready for that. But autumn with the changing of the leaves, crisp air, pumpkin spiced everything... I really can't wait. I almost bought a pumpkin at the store yesterday figuring it could be a pre-decoration.

Right now, dare I say it? I'm actually content. For the past few years I've wanted to move, find a new career, change our family life (try for one more, without drugs?) suburbs, houses, warmer weather, garages. I've had a laundry list of wants. 

Perhaps I'm so looking forward to a new season because it's a new start. It's a new start in a place I'm going to be for a little while. Somehow my thoughts have shifted. I see the blessings in my life, and I want to enjoy them. 

I have made a few tentative decisions too, which might help. No expensive school for me now. I'll take a 14 week paralegal course though that will ensure that I'm employable, when the time is ready. I'm looking at early pre-school with the hope at it will work out. If it doesn't, that's okay too. I've cut out budget down as much as possible, and we might just be able to breath again. That doesn't hurt for a more positive outlook either. 

We still might make some major changes, but I'm actually at a place where I can imagine being happy here for a while. And instead of dreading the change in weather, I'm rather looking forward to it as a new adventure. (and I'm still in denial about winter). 

No comments: