Sunday, November 1, 2009

Day One - 2006 words

Woo Hoo! It took about 2 hours, maybe 2 1/2 hours, hard to say with interruptions, but I reached my daily goal of 2000 words. I really should be aiming for 2500 words a day (considering my inlaws will be visiting from the 23rd of November on and I probably won't get as much done after they arrive) but I figure that 2000 will be the minimum per day.

I also completed character sketches for my main characters, an outline of the chapters (we'll see if I can stick to it, I have a hard time sticking to my outlines) and I'm developing a timeline since the novel will be set in Germany during 1150-1185. Next on the list is to figure out what a Margrave is and do a family tree for the decedents of Conrad the Great. This won't be completely historically accurate (Ertzgebirge, where my legend comes from is not actually included in upper Saxony during this time, but neither can I figure out who DOES control the region) but there will be aspects of the story that are based on historical events.

Tomorrow I have a 10 hour train ride to go visit my grandfather so I hope I can get more than my minimum writing quota done and a bit of research as well. Tonight's research includes how to tether my iPhone to my mac to get internet access along the way. I know it's possible. I just wish I'd asked my husband to figure it out for me before he headed off on his business trip today. Arg. I'm not exactly computer inclined and I have no idea if I'll be able to figure it out.

No comments: