Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Diet

According to "the plan" we were supposed to start IVF this month.

I am NOT ready for a shot a day, the stress, the hormones. Seriously, I'd rather just adopt. But would I then wonder if it would have worked? People spend tons of money and time trying to get pregnant. I think you have to feel comfortable with your decisions and know when to stop.

So we're on our last, last ditch effort pre-IVF treatment. We're already on herbs and doing acupuncture.

"The Diet"

The NO list: No flour, no refined sugar, no caffeine, no alcohol. This radically changes our diet (especially the flour since bread/noodles are a major part of our lives). Gerd's on it too, partially for moral support and partially because he's a part of it too. He's not happy about it, but surviving (probably better than I am).

The YES list: Daily exercise (even just a little bit), more sleep, more healthy snacks between meals. Breakfast together in the morning with a cup of (decaf) tea. Vitamins.

The new "plan" is to do this until Thanksgiving. Nothing like a feast as a reward for good behavior. We'll quit for the month of December (no way am I forgoing Christmas cookies) and then start IVF in January. We will do 2-3 rounds of IVF and then go to adoption if it hasn't worked by then. I do not want to be a human pincushion forever.

At least that's "the plan". We'll see what actually happens. I just still can't believe that this isn't coming naturally. When I was younger I never really thought I'd have difficultly getting pregnant. I really didn't think about it at all.

No comments: