Saturday, December 11, 2010

Too Mean

This is a revised post. Gerd thinks my first one was too mean. Ah well, he's probably right. It was about Karma (or how things all equal out in the end).

This is our former house:

http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/south_end/2010/12/water_restored_in_south_end_af.html


On the SAME DAY I found out our old place was covered in water I got a call from HR. Turns out somehow my first paycheck was never cashed. I vaguely remember wondering when I was going to get paid because it seemed like FOREVER. Turns out it was. The check must have gotten lost in the move. As a result I have an extra paycheck, about the same amount we were asking from our landlord for our missing furniture.

Not only that, but I won two tickets to go to the big Christmas Gala ($500/ticket) which turned into a very nice birthday bash.

The heats back on, the car's still sitting in a shop south of Boston, and we're just not using the spare bathroom. Life does seem to equal out after a while.

No comments: