Friday, March 15, 2013

Post pregnancy update

For the past 7 months I've pretty much been avoiding photos as much as possible. It's not that I haven't lost weight...I've lost about 75 pounds...but I just don't have the same shape. I've spent the past half hour looking up rib cage size post pregnancy and it looks pretty positive. I think it's possible that I can get a little of my shape back. Really I only have 10 lbs to loose, but I've got to get my abs back in working order!

The question is how?!

Option 1: join the community center near our house. By near I mean a 10 minute walk if that. The cost? $95 per year including group fitness classes. The problem? It's kind of run down, isn't exactly a place that makes me want to go to the gym. No child care, no pool, and class times are mostly during the babies bed time routine. Only a few daytime classes would work, and I'd need a sitter..

Option 2: the Kroc center. $10 day pass or $40 a month. A 15 minute drive away and there's parking. They have daycare so I could go anytime.  The problems? I still have to find parking when I return or add on another 10 minutes to travel time walking to and from our parking spot. That makes an hour workout more like 2 hours. Also, group classes are often during baby nap times or bedtime. A few classes would work. They have a pool, but it's tiny and overcrowded.  

Option 3: get into a daily routine that I can do from home. Probably the most realistic option, but it's not like I've manage it yet. I really like going to the gym, and it seems like a nice break to get away from it all for a while. It would be the least expensive optin, unless I need to buy any equipment. I love the idea of an eliptical machine, but don't want to she'll out any money if I won't actually use it. Plus I really like to swim.

In addition, I'd really like to work with a trainer for a while. I've never needed help that much, but I think I need some guidance. I don't want to spend much, so I'm hoping that there is someone atone of the gyms that can help out a little.

I'm sure there are some online programs to check out for accountability, but I really would like some adult interaction. I'm leaning toward creating a daily exercise workout at home and trying to make it to the gym once a week. My main problem is the trainer. If only I knew a fitness buff!

I feel like I am so close to finding a body that I can live with. I just need a little push to make it to the next step.

2 comments:

BriteLady said...

To only have 10 pounds to go after 7 months (and 75 pounds) is pretty darned awesome.

We are members of our local YMCA(s) and having the daycare option is wonderful. I managed to do some exercise videos (mainly yoga/Pilates style ones) after bedtime when hubby was around to comfort a not-quite-asleep baby. During the day, my kids always managed to wake up from a nap right in the middle of an exercise video (or wanted to play with me if I was down on the floor). Having a break every now and then when you aren't constantly listening for a cry or for toddler mischief is important too. And its good for babies to get used to being taken care of by other people, and learning that they can trust more than just Mommy and Daddy.

Mixing things up is probably a good plan: some at-home exercise, some walks with the kids(when the weather is nice, you can get a lot of exercise walking them to a park and actively playing with them), some adults-only "real" fitness time

Good luck on picking a fitness routine :)

Bethany said...

Thanks. Still haven't made any progress, but one of these days...