Monday, June 22, 2015

Changes brewing

Just when I got comfortable, and complacent, I find out here are some big job changes on the horizon for my husband. While they're still in progress, I felt an initial fear of"oh my goodness we're going to end up homeless!"  We aren't (by the grace of God and a decent severance package) going to end up homeless. 

Before, I've never minded too much the idea of moving. I've moved so often it's old hat. But I do feel like our current house is more home-ish than others, and I would be sad to need to move. We will just have to see how it goes. We want to stay local, so it's possible. But even local could mean a move to have a better commute to work. 

If we really did have to move farther away, my husband wouldn't mind California. Their droughts concern me, and I'm not a big fan of earthquakes, but otherwise like California a lot. But if we moved away, if rather it be Denver. A few hours from New Mexico, I could get back home once in a while. But I'm open to Berlin too, even though that lifestyle change would be a huge leap for me. 

But honestly, we've got it pretty good where we are now. Overall, I'm happy. I'll be even more happy when my husband's next job is lined up!

No comments: