Tuesday, December 29, 2015

FitBit

My Christmas present was a Fitbit.  I've wanted one for a while, but really didn't think we should spend the money.  My iPhone has a fitness app on it, and I started tracking my steps, only to figure out that it just wasn't reliable.  I'm really happy with the Fitbit that we got (the Charge) since it can double as a watch. 

I find myself watching my steps all day.  I'm at 8,931 today, and 2093 of those were from a workout at the gym.  While I'm not at the 10,000 people said I would get to just by living the life of a stay at home(ish) mom, I think (considering it isn't the end of the day yet) that I'm not doing too badly.  I already suspected that I wasn't as active as I should be, but at least I probably will log in 8,000/day without a work out at the gym. 

Today was my first day of going gluten free again.  I dropped gluten, dairy, and sugar, which is really, really difficult to do (although I've done so before).  I'm not kidding myself, this isn't going to last forever, but I've really got to get out of the holiday pattern.  I'm quietly dieting, watching what I eat.  I'm unwilling to do the entire container method from the 21 day fix, but I'm trying to rely on my memory of what is or isn't allowed in a day.  Cutting out gluten should help anyway. 

I would like to say I'm just doing this for my health.  I mean, I am, so I'm healthier.  But I also want to loose a little weight too.  I may never look like my 20 year old self, but I want to look like my best 40 year old self!

Lets see how this goes!

No comments: