Monday, May 3, 2010

20 Miles

Yesterday was the Project Bread walk for hunger. Somehow I got dragged into walking 20 miles in 90 degree weather along a route that had NO SHADE! Oh, and did I mention it was on a day we weren't allowed to drink the water? It's okay, I boiled mine (for more than a minute, just in case) and they had filtered Vermont water at the walk site.

How do I feel today? About dead. I was pretty sure I couldn't get out of bed this morning, but then I realized that I didn't have emergency substitute plans. Writing plans that our ed counselor could understand was more effort than I wanted to put in this morning. Dragging my sore, tired hips out of bed was preferable.

So I'm here at work, on the third floor of a building that doesn't have an elevator. I've only had to go downstairs 3 times this morning. The copier, administrative offices and cafeteria are all on the lower floors.

It's still better than sub plans. And I think it was worth a little pain.

No comments: