Monday, September 7, 2009

Honey?

I'm pretty sick of allergies. I haven't been this bad since high school when I forced my parents to lock all the windows tight and turn on the air conditioning (that had a filter built in).

I THOUGHT that I was cured. After roaming around in 3rd world countries I got enough germs to stop my whateveritis from attacking pollen. Apparently we, I mean as a society we, are too clean and therefore our bodies, designed to deal with grime, don't know what to do so they make us sneeze.

So I came back from Iraq virtually allergy free. (There has to be some benefit from living in a war torn country).

But this year I did a body cleanse. This involved things like algae and probiotics and the like. I believe that the result of it was this. More allergies. I even broke down and started taking allergy medicine again (haven't needed it for over 5 years)

I'm thinking of planning a trip to somewhere very germy. Either that or many, many more cups of tea with local honey.

No comments: