Thursday, September 3, 2009

Last days of summer

I took Tuesday off after a long, drawn out, no days off (not even the weekend) kind of work week. I took our "kitten" to the vet (she's 2, but still 10 years younger than the other cats) and baked a batch of roles, walked to the grocery store (Lionettes, a local foods market) and make dinner via crockpot. I sat out on the hammock on our deck and read a book for an hour and a half, and cleaned our house just enough to feel comfortable but not overworked. If you keep up with Facebook you already know this, but I thought it was a day worth mentioning a few times.

I'm off again today, this time for a doctor's appointment in the afternoon. Sure, I could have gone to work for a couple of hours but, with 2 hours of driving, it hardly makes sense. Instead Gerd worked from home this morning and I made waffles with baked cinnamon apples and whipped cream. I'm off to get a resident sticker for my car and wander over to the doctor's. I'll send off a few applications later, but perhaps spend a few more hours on our hammock before sunset. Summer's not going to be around too much longer. Why not make the most of it while it lasts?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am enjoying the blog!