Monday, March 29, 2010

Cloudy Morning

When I heard the rain outside this morning I just knew it was going to be a difficult day.

Exhibit A: As I was one block from the bus I watched it drive off. That meant a 10 minute wait in the rain.

Exhibit B: I was reading intently on the bus and missed my stop. I ended up needing to make a transfer to another bus to get back to right place.

Exhibit C: I got off the second bus at the wrong stop and wandered around lost, in the rain, for about 15 minutes before I figured out where I was. Oh, did I mention my cell phone was dead? I use the GPS on my iPhone for just about every circumstance that involves me lost in Boston. Not happening today...

Exhibit D: I got to work 15 minutes late to discover that I have two new students under special student contracts who I have to figure out an educational plan for...in 45 minutes

Exhibit E: Getting to my classroom I accidentally dropped my keys into my umbrella and stood there about 5 minutes trying to disentangle my key chain from the spokes in the center of the umbrella. One student is already waiting for me and wants my help resolving a "crisis" relating to the cafeteria, its locked state, and the general lack of food.

I can only hope the days gets better from here. I still have an electronic timesheet I can't log into, a voice mail system that isn't working, and three missing math books.

No comments: