Thursday, March 4, 2010

New Job and Vitamins

I got the job! YEAY!!!

I may end up missing not working, but I've got to say, not working didn't help me finish anything I wanted to get done. I wrote a little bit, I learned to knit, I read A LOT of books, and I volunteered. I did not finish a book, knit a sweater, scarf or pair of socks, I read a lot of brain candy books. I didn't finish my quilt, I didn't keep the house clean, I didn't start packing for our move. I didn't go to yoga every week. I didn't meditate.

Honestly, about the only good thing to come out of not working has been volunteer work.

So I'm not missing staying at home yet.

In fact, I feel completely invigorated about my new job. I'll be teaching a GED program, all 5 subjects (yikes that includes math!). I'm thrilled that I'll have less than 12 students at a time and that, for the most part, these students are goal driven.

And right now, in the midst of my euphoria I'm thinking about everything else that I want to do. Take an art class. Take a Salsa class. Begin growing seeds for my new garden.

My guess is that reality will set in soon. I'll feel too busy to do the things I want to do, and too tired to stay motivated. But at least I know now, it's not the job. Somehow I need to garner my own motivation, and perhaps stick to ONE THING AT A TIME. Hard when I feel like a kid trying to catch snowflakes on my tongue. Which one should I choose?

But in the mean time, as all these different thoughts and ideas float across my brain, I'm counting on the vitamins.

I just found a new option (nothing seems to work for me) of a powdered drink. It's made by the One A Day vitamin company and you add it to a bottle of water. Kills two birds with one stone. Belly Bars are just too expensive and, after doctor review, they don't carry enough Omega 3's anyway. Somehow I'm just going to have to suffer the fish oil in silence. Perhaps I can wash it down with the Wild Berry vitamins. I guess that almost makes it three birds with one stone. Does that qualify as one thing at a time?

1 comment:

BriteLady said...

Congrats on the job!

As for staying motivated, I find that the busier I am, the better motivated I am to fit in all of the things I have to get done. I always have worked best on a deadline (finishing my homework as the bell rings for class to start...).

And good luck on the vitamin search. Been there, puked that :) Fish oil and I don't get along either.

Is it possible to work in some extra nuts or something into your diet, instead of a supplement? And have you tried flax seed? For a long time I added the ground kind to my morning oatmeal (oats & flax seem to help breastmilk production). I added it to homemade granola (to which I also added walnuts), and I think you can substitute it for some of the fat when baking (though I never tried that).