Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Everythings Okay

There aren't many days that just seem to go alright.

At first glance I wouldn't have counted today as one of them. It did, for instance, take me about 1 1/2 hours to drive back into town after dropping my husband off at work today. That was not today's highlight.

I got to work late, but not by much, and our staff meeting hadn't even begun yet. I only had a few students today; therefore, I made a lot of progress with a few individuals. We're learning about sentence structure, so hopefully I used that semicolon right (I never really thought much of them before).

I forgot my lunch today so I walked over to Fromaggio's in the rain. Did I mention it was drizzling all day? The grilled Italian salami and gouda cheese on a French baguette I had was so good it makes my mouth water just thinking about it. On the way back to the office I spied a butcher block cutting board someone laid out with the trash...the kind that fits over a countertop. I, of course, snagged it, even though I really don't need it anymore.

After work I drove over to the farm where I learned to deworm goats, make organic potting soil mix, and made a heated base for seeding new plants. I love the farm.

The drive home didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would. When I got home the leak we had during our 3 day Noreaster last week was dry, despite the past two days of rain. Our new countertop was installed and the patching around the counter finished. If there was one frustration for the day it was that I can't for the life of me find the butcher block oil we bought last weekend. We're afraid to even turn on the faucet until the counters are oiled.

Tomorrow will be another day, and probably not nearly as good a day as today, but I'm glad of the day and all of the beauty in it. I will go to bed tonight content and happy, and I know enough to be thankful for it.

No comments: