Friday, July 23, 2010

Point of No Return

So, I realized after logging into my blog account, that the last post I wrote was of me struggling. I'm fine, which I'm sure you already knew. Everyone other than me seems to know that I'll bounce back okay. I, on the other hand, always worry that I've reached a tipping point.

Somehow I get scared that it *won't* actually be alright again. That I'll crack for real one of these times, and I won't be fixable. It's not exactly like I've been emotionally stable my whole life. I mean, I look back sometimes and cringe.

But slowly I'm starting to realize that it's not like that. Time and again I'm fine the next day, or the day after. I was talking to my dad last week and he said to me that he's surprised at how normal I've turned out. Of course he says that "considering you were raised by your mother". Sorry Mom, this is Dad we're talking about. He listed the things I've bounced back from, like, you know war and about 20 car accidents, and reminded me that somehow I have the emotional fortitude to recover.

So yep, I struggle sometime. And I use every tool I can to help me through difficult times (food, yoga, church, etc.) but in the end I'm going to be okay. There isn't a point of no return. I might wish that I wasn't such a roller coaster, but at least I don't have to worry that I'll go off the tracks.

No comments: