Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Back Home

Last night I got back from New Mexico, where it was hot and dry, and very dusty. Today in Boston it was hot and humid, and I'd rather deal with the dust.

I managed to get about everything on my list done, except the music and the zoo, but I did manage to sneak in a trip to the biopark. Too bad the miniature trains weren't running. I also pretty much took it easy at the SCA event. It would have been hard not to, cooking was out of the question, we had wind so bad it snapped my pavilion pole. Fortunately I wasn't in it at the time, but the duct tape did add to that SCA charm.

Gerd seemed to enjoy himself. We watched heavy fighting, melees, rapier fighting, grand court. I didn't attend a single class and the siege cooking was over before I had a chance to sign up. There was a phenomenal feast on Saturday night (they buried a cow and a pig and cooked them all day long). No bardic though, only one campfire was allowed due to fires in the area, and tht was reserved for the middle eastern dance party. Oh, and Aerikans enormous donation of alcohol to celebrate his knighting. He held a blender party...totally period margaritas and daiquiris .. :) I didn't last long and went to bed after a well proportioned strawberry daiquiris, but Gerd mentioned someone was carried around on a bed and other funny shenanigans did occur.

So when we got back at midnight I was pretty ready to sleep, except that it's so humid here and I'm not sure the air conditioning makes it to the 3rd floor. It was only when I woke up, or finally gave up trying to sleep, that I realized I had no idea where to go for work today.

Fortunately I chose the right location, although I did have to hang out for 2 hours to wait for my boss to show up, late, extremely late. And his boss, the soon to be president of the Boston branch of our organization was unpacking all of the kitchen boxes I'd packed before my trip. I ended up repacking all 8 bins with archived student files.

So real life fades back in again. Sigh...I really miss that dust.

No comments: