Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Packed!

Although most of my plans have gone about like all of my plans (ie. not as planned) I have managed to reduce my random stuff in storage by about half and trash or donate the rest. Now I just have to figure out where to put it all... There was still a lot more than I had hoped to have.

Saturday we couldn't go see the Gorge because Chama is burning so the steam train is on a break for fire season. That's okay, it was nice to hang out with friends anyway. We went shopping :) I got to go to all of my favorite stores that don't exist in Boston, especially CostPlus World Market and Jackalope (no, I'm not paid to say that...I just happen to really like the stores).

Sunday I spent about an hour looking for my keys so I missed church. I did manage to go to the lavender festival.

Monday I got my first look at the storage unit and about freaked out. I spent about 3 hours tearing apart the storage unit in the sunniest part of the day and was almost wiped out before Thea came to help me organize. We spent another couple of hours putting things to rights and got done JUST before the rain came. It's not just fire season, it's also monsoon season. It had stopped though by the time I went to Irish set dance.

Today I finished the storage unit and got my artwork shipped to Boston. Although Thea's driving my stuff out for me, it's an uncovered, open trailer and neither of us thought that it would be alright to put my paintings with the rest of my boxes. I was supposed to go watch HEPA, which is a Polynesian festival with hula lessons and a renowned Hawaiian band, but I was too whiped for any of that. Instead I went back to Thea's and sorted through garb for the even this weekend. Turns out I've got a bunch of stuff to wear, but Gerd doesn't.

So tomorrow I'm sewing. I'll go down to the Gila wilderness on Thursday night, via Silver City, if all goes well. I'm really looking forward to the springs, even if it does mean a long drive and a lot of naked people.

Well, that's about it right now. It's a pretty productive trip so far, and yet it has also been relaxing. New Mexico is always beautiful, but it's particularly beautiful this time of year (at least in my opinion). I'm trying to soak it all up as much as I can.

2 comments:

BriteLady said...

You call that relaxing? LOL I'm exhausted just reading about all the packing and festivals and events you're doing this weekend.

And I love WorldMarket too, though I only end up buying the most mundane things there (they carry the big bottles of coffee syrups that I use to scale back on the co$t of my latte addiction...and they have interesting wines).

Have fun on your SCA event. Post a picture or two :) (assuming you can hide a camera in your garb somewhere...)

Bethany said...

Hey, I just realized you posted this, sorry I didn't reply earlier. It was relaxing, but then I skipped at least two things on the list. I'm a little disappointed that I couldn't make it to the concerts, but it really would have been too much.

I'd love to post pictures someday, and one of these days I'll buy a camera. We did take pictures, on my husbands camera, which I don't have the drivers for. He keeps telling me he'll download them and transfer them to my computer...

Well, it'll happen someday.