Monday, May 9, 2011

Find Something You Love

I have to admit, I was a bit whiny today when I got to my acupuncture appointment. I'm in a rut, a rut that includes a messy house, an upset stomach, and a general apathy for pretty much anything. It just feels like I'm treading water, waiting for something to happen. I don't DO much of anything right now.

I have far more time than most people do. I only work 35 hours per week. I don't have children, I'm not taking classes. I don't have a time consuming hobby. I'm not a fitness fanatic. I don't watch TV, or even read that much during the week. Okay, I surf the web sometimes, but even that can't account for all of my wasted hours.

Really, I should have scads of ways to spend my time. I mean, if nothing else my house should at least be clean. What do I DO with my time????

So at my acupuncturists I asked what to do if I don't do anything. Her response makes complete sense to me...find something you love to do. Find that one thing that you'll do, even if you don't feel like doing anything, just because you love it. The problem is, I don't know what that is.

Some people cook, or write, or sew, or garden. They have some internal need, or want, to do something. I like to do all of the above, but not so much that it's a driving passion. I can tell you for sure that if I don't feel like doing anything I am NOT going to want to cook. Or clean, or well, do anything.

I mean, I have a lot of likes, but not a lot of LOVES. So IS there something out there that I would love, love, love to do? I really don't know.

No comments: