Monday, May 23, 2011

Nowhere in the World

I don't know how your weather is, but ours stinks. Actually, I suppose I DO know how your weather is, because I've just spent the last 10 minutes trying to find somewhere...anywhere...that has sunshine. 2+ weeks of cloudy, drizzly weather has beaten me down. I was just about to flee the area over Memorial Day and find somewhere dry (what good is the beach when it's raining anyway?) but guess what, it's raining everywhere!

Where it is expected to be cloudy or rainy over Memorial Day Weekend...
  • Washington D.C.
  • Chicago
  • St. Louis
  • Asheville NC
  • Charleston SC
  • Houston
  • Pittsburg
  • San Francisco
  • Dublin
  • Berlin
  • Munich
  • Sydney
  • Cape Town
  • Bermuda
  • Fiji
  • Christchurch New Zealand

Where it will be sunny and cloud free each day?
  • Albuquerque, NM
  • Tucson, AZ

That's right, the only place in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD (as much as I can google in 10 minutes anyway) that is sunny is the area I consider home. I'd go in a flash, if only ticket prices weren't like $800 right now. I guess everyone needs a little sun right now.

Now, I know it could be much, much worse than Boston. I'm worried about the people in Joplin right now because I know a lot of students who when to my college came from, and returned to, the area. The flooding in Missouri also hits pretty close to home. The blasting of the levee along the Mississippi, and the need for the blast, also puts things in perspective.

Indeed. We ALL need a little sun right now. So do any cultures have an un-rain dance? "Rain, Rain, Go Away" just isn't doing the trick.

No comments: