Saturday, November 22, 2008

Christmas shopping

Why is it that I keep spending money when I really shouldn't. I mean, I'm not bankrupt yet, and I do have savings, but lets face it, I don't have a job and who knows when I'll get one. Okay I know why, it's Christmas, but still.

So, in the past week I've bought:

- Christmas gifts for the boyfriend, not the fun ones, the boring he needs it stuff
- Stocking stuffers for both mothers. Small things that were WAY more than I expected
- A snowboard, boots, and bindings (used for $100) so I can switch out my binding and give Gerd my spare snowboard parts. (not a Christmas gift, but it should be)
- Four books, one calendar, and one magazine...I knew I should have stayed out of the book store. (only one was a Christmas gift, the others were MINE MINE MINE)
- Christmas subscriptions for my step-sister and friend.

So I would have liked to keep this year's Christmas budget to $200, but I blew that. Not only am I already above the limit, I have TONS of presents still to buy.

Arg. I love Christmas, I hate Christmas, when do I get to put up the Christmas lights?

1 comment:

BriteLady said...

Hello!!!!

I'm so excited that you started a blog. Actually, I should call you and talk to you in person, but this is awesome! I loved all your emails from Europe and from Iraq--you always had such a beautiful way with words that I always wanted to see what you've seen.

Ok, my head is killing me. Too much writing (though not enough on my blogs).