Friday, March 20, 2009

Boston Bonus

Sometimes I love Boston.

We went to Wally's tonight. Wally's Jazz Bar is only about 3 blocks from us and we really should go more often. It's kind of small though, with a bar on one side and a row of tables on the other, and one end full of musicians.

Boston is home to Berkeley College of Music and the New England Conservatory of Music. I'm not really sure where these players were from, but I can say they were (explicative here) good.

Now, I've heard jazz music before. My college was outside of Kansas City, which happens to claim to be the home of jazz. You can debate all you want where jazz really started, but K.C. does everything they can to claim they're right. I've never heard better jazz than what I heard tonight.

I tried to take a video. I may update this post later to include a clip, but one forewarning...I already know the picture didn't come out right. It's pretty much a black blob with a few random lights waving around in the background. I wouldn't paste it for my artistic photographic skills, but I'd love to share the music.

I could have stayed all night, but Gerd's designated tomorrow as a ski day, so I'd better get some sleep. Nothing worse on the slopes than skiing while exhausted. But at least tonight was worth a trip skiing while tired.

No comments: