Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dude, Where's my School?

I finished my last paper for my MA in December. When I turned it in I was fairly upset with my professor for the grade and for her lack of review of my paper. She never critiqued my rough draft and failed to give me deadlines...

I have a lot more sympathy for her now. Apparently my school was in the process of dying. I didn't know about it because it didn't make national news and College of Santa Fe never sent out e-mails to their graduate students, but the school was $30 million in debt and on the verge of closing down.

I'm in New Mexico now, evicting my tenant (finally) and a friend happened to mention the school is closing. In May the school will close its doors for good. When I request transcripts I'll have to send a request to St. Mary's in California. CSF was a Catholic school and another private institution will retain their records.

Wow, I didn't really see it coming. What great fortune that I finished my degree when I did.

No comments: