Saturday, March 28, 2009

Never flipped a car....

Before now.

I've had a bunch of car accidents, including an IED attack in Iraq, an accident on the ice in New Mexico that nearly totaled my car, and one in college where I hit a u-turner and totaled both our cars.

I have been lucky in the past and have always been able to walk away.

I was lucky again, it was just a little harder to walk away up 200 feet of mountain. We almost made it past the ice spot we hit. it was a near thing...but there weren't any guard rails up and as we stopped at the edge of the road the car just slightly tilted over, and down we went. We flipped three times.

After some incredibly nice people stopped on the side of the road to help the paramedics arrived. They declared us fine and told us we didn't need to go to the hospital, but did discover that a fence post missed Gerd's leg by a sliver. It had pierced the bottom of the car and was wedged right next to the drivers seat were typically a left leg would be. After having seen the car I'm not sure how it missed him.

So we're not in Denver. We're in South Park. Yes, if any humor can be found it's that we crashed our car in South Park, CO. Haven't seen Kenny yet, but the police officer did resemble Kyle.

2 comments:

BriteLady said...

Oh my! I am sooo glad you both are OK!!!

You killed Kenny! You bastards!

ok, totally out of my system (I was never much of a fan..and the one several-hour long South Park marathon I was forced to endure didn't exactly help....) :)

Did I mention that I'm sooo glad you're ok?

Bethany said...

Thanks,

We're pretty glad to be okay too. It was quite an experience.

Bethany