Friday, October 16, 2009

Exhausted

Who knew part-time employment could add up to a whole bunch of tired. I only worked one day at the farm this week so I expected an easy, laid back week. Unfortunately I ended up spending most of my time at Cambridge Friends School. One of the teachers has a mother who is very, very sick. Phrases like ventilator and transplant recipient have come up when I've asked what exactly is wrong, but a clear picture of what's going on remains private.

I was called on Wednesday to sub for Thursday and Friday, but could only do Friday. On Sunday I was asked for Tuesday, on Tuesday I was asked for the week, but I go to the farm on Thursday so I did an incomplete week. Thursday they couldn't find anyone so the kids had two different subs for the day. While the kids did get used to me and we got along just fine, today was rough.

I'd love to blog about something more interesting but I'm completely exhausted. Interesting topics like marriage will have to wait for a different day. And an interesting blog it will be.

No comments: