Friday, October 23, 2009

First Email

I got my first ski trip email! WOOHOO!!!

The season is upon us. Every year a group of us get together and rent a huge house in Maine for the weekend AFTER MLK weekend (it's cheaper and blackout dates don't apply at ski resorts) and go crazy in the snow for a long weekend. Sunapee is right around the corner, one of my favorite ski resorts, and there are tons of other mountains nearby as well.

Although I'd consider people in the group friends, I don't really see many of them other than during ski season. Yeay for upcoming groups headed off for a day on the mountain. Yeay for evenings spent relaxing in the hottub.

But MLK day is far, far away you say. Yes it is. Enough time for me to buy new snowboard boots and hit the slopes, enough time to remember what I'm doing before then. Oh, and get my board waxed. Something tells me that my snowboard rusticating in the spare bedroom closet needs to be looked at again before I see snow.

Definately enough time for Gerd to get new gear. Perhaps if I buy the boots for Gerd for Christmas (returnable of course so he can get which one he likes) he'll follow through and replace his 10 feet long skis like he's been saying he wants to for the last two years. But first my boots. I could hardly do anything last winter because my heels would slip almost three inches in the heals if I didn't cut off the circulation to my toes, and if I did I'd still slip a good inch or two. So I'm afraid I got a bit whiny last year. Not going to happen this year.

I love snowboarding. I almost wish it was snowing.

No comments: