Thursday, December 10, 2009

No House

Well, fooey.

How do you spell fooey anyway. Darn, shucks, arg.

I wanted to buy a house. Not the concept, an actual house. It was on the wrong side of Mass Ave which means that there's more crime and it isn't the best area, but it's BARELY on the other side, so I figured it wouldn't be too bad, right?

Well, I went to the community department of the police department today and found out that the gang activity in the area is extremely high. The officer said he would advise his own family members to look elsewhere to live. Out of fairness he said I should knock on neighbors doors and see their take on the neighborhood. Is the increase in crime worth a $400,000 reduction in price? To get anything similar across the street would run in the $700,000 to $800,000 price range.

There are other neighborhoods to look at so I guess we can keep looking. I was expecting more crime but didn't expect to find out that it was a high crime area. Back to the drawing board.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am sad for you that the house you like is in the wrong neighborhood. But you don't want to be scared all the time you are in it...