Monday, December 21, 2009

Uh, strange?

So I really want a job. And I'm surprised to find that I want an office job. I don't know if that'll change, I enjoyed teaching and lesson plans, but for now, I just want a job I can go to regularly, do work, and get paid for it. I don't want conflict with students, I don't want stress over grading papers on time. I just want a job where I can feel useful and go home not feeling exhausted.

And I found a job online that I think would be perfect. It's a part time job in the admissions department of a local college. It's not a large college, more like a four year program for technologies. I applied, but then though I'd look up their website to see when they were back in session and figure out when they might be hiring.

That caused a problem. The website isn't working (strange for a college designed around computers). So I tried the phone number, and got the police. I think it must have been campus police, but still, strange. I asked how I'd get ahold of human resources and the person on the other end said they'd be back in January. I'm guessing their website won't be back up until then. Anyone else find that a bit odd?

Ah well, noting ventured, nothing gained.

No comments: