Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ca Va? Ca Va

Sometimes marriage is a pain (I mean that in the most loving of ways) and other times it's a life saver. Marrying late in life (okay I'm not ancient, but mid 30's is not exactly early either) I've become used to fending for myself, and never needing to think about a second person's concerns. So marriage makes life harder sometimes, BUT sometimes it makes life so much easier.

Like today, the work day from hell. Real food sounded great for dinner but so did crashing on the couch. (By real food I mean something I know where it came from, and has been cooked from the original source of food.) My husband came home, saw the browbeaten expression on my face, and fixed dinner. Pork chops from a local farm and potatoes from our box of Boston Organics. He even did the dishes (although that was actually a broken rule...he who cooks must not do the dishes). Without my husband I probably would have ended up eating ramen noodles or a bowl of cereal before crawling into bed for the night.

Thank goodness for husbands.

No comments: