Thursday, March 3, 2011

First Car Service

I've been told my car needs to be serviced every 5000 miles or every 6 months. It used to be 3ooo, so it feels a bit uncomfortable for me to wait that long. I'm kind of glad I reached the 6 month mark while still in the 3000 mile range, not only because it feels better to get my car serviced with fewer miles, but also because it means I'm meeting my self imposed 7000 mile annual limit. Since I live only 3 miles away from where I work, technically I should only need to drive 30 miles a week, which would put me far below 2000 miles a year, but we use my car all the time. It's small enough that we can usually find a small parking spot, even when people are double parked along our street. It's in a Yaris spot now, as a matter of fact.

In order to get my car serviced, I'm going to need to remaster the public transportation system. I don't trust the Boston Toyota dealer after some shady dealing with them earlier, so I'm headed out to Danvers where I ended up buying my car. I know tons of people who say you shouldn't use the dealership service department because it's a waste of money, but I like keeping my car records all together if I can. The only problem is getting there, and getting to work.

So tomorrow I'll get up at 6am so I can make it there by 7am and be dropped off at the commuter rail station. From the commuter rail I'll take the subway to a bus station, and then take a bus to work, arriving around 9am. All in all it will take me 2 1/2 hours to get to work tomorrow. Leaving work it'll be longer, because I'll get stuck in rush hour traffic returning from the dealership. Living in the city isn't easy at times, and I frequently find that I need to get out of the city to get the kind of service, or attention, that I like.

Can you tell that I love my Toyota? Or perhaps that I'm displaying a lot of faith in the Danvers dealership? Or maybe that I'm not much of a city girl after all?

No comments: