Wednesday, January 28, 2009

1000 Novels Challenge

I was browsing my friend Molly's Blog and saw her challenge. Apparently a friend of hers found a list of "must reads" on the Guardian, a UK newspaper I love to read, and decided to issue a challenge.

Read 1o books from the list with at least one book from each category. One book should be something you've never heard of before. The challenge runs for one year, (February to February) and you must review the books on your blog. Links to the challenge are posted below.

The Challenge

or

The Challenge (from the Guardian website)

3 comments:

BriteLady said...

So, how many have you already read on the list? I think I counted about 50, but I was interrupted a few times, so that might be off. There were quite a few whose titles I recognized, but that I've never gotten around to. At least one (The Strange Case of Mr. Norrell and ???) is sitting in my to-be-read pile.

Maybe....I'll see how the year turns out. Ten isn't so many. And if I go to the library instead of buying, tehn I don't have to feel guilty about the rest of my TBR pile...

Bethany said...

I counted about 43 give or take one or two for loosing my place a few times, but I'm counting some that I can't really remember much, but know I read once... There are a few I've been meaning to get to. I bought the Portrait of Dorian Grey a few months back, but Gerd stole it away before I even got a chance to look at it. I think I'll take the challenge, because it is only 10 books, and because there are some books in there I've never heard of.

Anyway, you read far more than I do so you probably don't need a challenge. Me, if I'm not motivated all I read are romance, mystery, or fantasy and the Sun Magazine. Every once in a while I read real literature, but I'd like to read more.

Last thing I read...Lisa Kleypas, Then Came You and Cornilia Funke, Blueberry Muffin Murder (the reason I've been eating tons of peanut butter cookies).

Bethany said...

Well, I can't figure out how to edit my comment...Cornelia Funke didn't write Blueberry Muffin Murder, as soon as I published it I saw my mistake...It's Joanne Fluke and somehow my mind mixed up the names. Oh well. Cornelia Funke is good too (I knew her (vaguely) in Germany from playing SCA)