Thursday, January 22, 2009

I Want This Job

I have gone from I'll find a job to I hope I find a job to I just want any job to I want THIS job. THIS Job happens to be a curriculum design job for an Education Development Center focused on creating hands on lesson plans for schools in California. I just finished my master's so I'm now qualified, but I'm not holding my breath.

I always thought I was okay at putting together cover letters and resumes, but I'm not having any interest in the online applications I've sent for other jobs. HR seems to block any attempts I make to correspond with departments that I might actually be working with. I have always hated job searches and have had most of my luck working through temp agencies, with the obvious exception of jobs in schools. Both times I interviewed for school jobs I got the job on the first day. Here, I can't even get schools to tell me no. They just don't respond at all.

But a job designing curriculum is my DREAM JOB. It would be perfect, and I know I'd nail the interview...if only they call me.

So my head is whispering please, please, please all day long (another meat grinder moment) but I'm still going to make that appointment with the temp agency. If I can't get my dream job hopefully I can get A job...somewhere...doing something productive. please, please, please...

No comments: