Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fireplace

When Gerd and I went house shopping he had a list of requirements that seemed a bit excessive to me at the time.

First, it had to have lots of light (preferably from south facing windows). It must have wood floors, laundry in the unit, a deck, and a fireplace. It must allow cats, have two bedrooms, an updated kitchen and bathroom, have quick access to the interstate, be within reasonable walking distance of downtown Boston and within minutes to a T stop. Plus we had a budget and he only gave me one month to find a place that met all of these requirements.

I managed to find exactly what we wanted (although we did go over budget a little to get it). I could have found something similar in a slightly better location if we'd been willing to give in on something...most likely the fireplace. Many brownstones have fake fireplaces, so finding a fully functioning fireplace was excellent luck.

We love our fireplace. Right now Gerd is snuggled up on the sheepskin rug watching the fire. He reminds me of a little boy with a train set around Christmas. There is nothing quite as contenting as a fire during a cold winter. I am so glad he convinced me we really did need everything on the list.

No comments: