Saturday, May 23, 2009

Jamaican Pepper Shrimp

Three years ago I was in Phoenix for a reserve drill and one of the other soldiers I was out with gave me a bite of his Jamaican Pepper Shrimp at the Cheesecake Factory.

Now, I like food like anyone else does, but it's never been all that important to me. I'm about as content with a box of cheap macaroni and cheese as I am with shrimp scampi (well, okay, most nights). But this taste was so good that I kept the idea in the back of my mind that I would order the shrimp at the Cheesecake Factory the next time I went.

Except, then I was going to deploy and moved quickly, and didn't even know Boston had a franchise out here. Most of the time we're off in more local restaurants anyway. But today, on the way to the Mac store (to fix my computer) we walked through the Prudential shopping center. Low and behold, Cheesecake Factory.

Two hours of tech support later and I was starving. So I ordered the Jamaican Pepper Shrimp. It was just as good as I remembered it.

Food that you can remember 3 years later is usually pretty good (or pretty bad I suppose). Gerd, who typically doesn't like shrimp, has vowed that's his next order when we go back. And, because of the shrimp, were's now planning our next meal out.

If you have a Cheesecake Factory, and like spicy food, try it. Even if it takes you three years to find one, it's worth the wait.

No comments: