Thursday, July 30, 2009

No Hotel Room

I thought it was all arranged. My cousin is getting married in August and we're going out to see the wedding. The plan WAS to stay at a bed and breakfast that's located a block from the reception.

It's not that I think the reception will be anything wild enough to warrant a nearby bed, my cousin is a known teetotaler. He's having one sip of champagne to toast, because that's the thing you do at weddings. It's just that it would be close by and DONE. There are so many outstanding things I have to do (like find the title for my car and cash last month's last check) that I'd love to have at least one thing accomplished.

As I said, I THOUGHT it was arranged, but a phone call today announced otherwise. Two night minimum stay. They want us to either stay two nights, book two nights even though we'll only be there one, or wait until the week before to find out if it's still available. So now I'm left wondering if I should just book a hotel room after all or wait it out.

G says we should wait. If a room isn't available in the B & B we can always book a room in the hotel. I say that's one more thing to check up on. I know the place just want's to earn a decent living, but they should really put their minimum stay requirements on their website.

No comments: