Wednesday, July 1, 2009

19 Days

I counted. That's the number of cold and rainy days we've had in June. We've also had only 7 days above 75 degrees. This combined with the 17 days of rain in April and the 15 days above 60 degrees means we've had some terrible spring weather. Letterman's joked recently about it in New York (they have similar weather) and it's becoming a frequent topic of conversation among EVERYONE in the Boston metro area.

Today it's 59 degrees with a chance of 63 degree weather, cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain.

1 comment:

BriteLady said...

Wow. I think my garden would appreciate you sharing some of that cool, wet weather. Send it west, would you?

We've been in the upper 80's all week, and thinking it felt cool. My car claimed that it hit at least 100 basically every day last week--official highs might have been upper 90's (they should stick those thermometers in the middle of large, black, treeless parking lots)....

The hot days have also been a point of discussion here. Everyone keeps complaining that we don't normally hit 100 in June...except that I think that every June that I've been in St. Louis, we get that hot for at least a day or two.

Really, spring here lasts from March-late May. June is summer. I don't care what the calendar says