Monday, February 23, 2009

ow, my arm...

Snowboarding is great fun, until you fall.

It didn't really matter that it was snowing while we were out on the slopes (although it would have been great if I'd had goggles). The snow was perfect. I mean perfect. I haven't seen snow that nice since New Mexico.

It was such a nice day, and I was doing so well I decided to try the moguls. Wow, moguls are fun. The only problem, controlling speed while going up and down little bumps. Naturally I fell...and my arm still hurts. But I tried them again a few runs later anyway.

I'm pretty glad I didn't break my arm. I realize I could have, and maybe I'd better stay off the moguls for a while, but I guess I'll take the risk again sometime. Funny how I can enjoy a sport in which I regularly hurt myself. I love it though. What's life without a little pain?

No comments: